Frontier MEDEX offers something a little different than standard travel insurance. While some of their plans offer travel medical insurance, Frontier MEDEX focuses on emergency medical evacuation.
Important: FrontierMEDEX is now UnitedHealthcare Global. Plans and company information may have changed.
- If you’re interested in having truly global emergency medical assistance, the MEDEX Emergency Response Center operates 24/7/365 and can communicate in more than 100 different languages.
- Emergency medical evacuation plans are invaluable in a medical emergency when you need to be evacuated from a remote area
- Only some of FrontierMEDEX’s plans are available to Canadians
About the Company
Frontier MEDEX has been in business for over 30 years. The company is US-based, but offers some of their travel insurance and emergency medical evacuation insurance plans to Canadians.
The MEDEX Emergency Response Center assists millions of travelers around the globe.
Important: FrontierMEDEX is now UnitedHealthcare Global
Which Frontier MEDEX plans are available for Canadians?
Canadians can get the TravMed Choice, TravMed Global, TravMed International, SafeTrip (Evacuation Programs) and Plus Scholastic (Evacuation Programs. Only the TravMed Abroad plan is US-only.
TravMed Choice is a travel insurance plan specifically designed for non-US residents visiting the USA.
TravMed Global offers travel insurance for Canadians (and other nationalities) travelling outside their home country for up to 26 weeks.
TravMed International plan offers travel insurance for up to six months for Canadians travelling outside Canada.
SafeTrip is the Frontier MEDEX medical Evacuation Program, and it’s available to Canadians. It does not include medical travel health insurance.
Plus Scholastic is the Frontier MEDEX medical Evacuation Program that’s only available for Canadian students. It does not include medical travel health insurance.
A full refund is available if the request for cancellation is received prior to the effective date. A cancellation request received after the effective date will be subject to the following conditions: only the unused portion of the plan cost will be refunded (for TravMed Choice), only members who have no claims are eligible for premium refund (for TravMed Choice), and not available (for TravMed International).
You need to know
- Buying travel insurance for groups more than 6 people is not available online
- Medical benefits for those 80 and older are limited to $10,000
- All products listed above include 24-hour assistance
- Plans are underwritten by: ACE American Insurance Company
- Policies and coverage can change at any time, without warning. This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.
Quick Guide to Plans from Frontier MEDEX
Where Can I Buy Frontier MEDEX Insurance?
You can buy insurance directly from from Frontier MEDEX online. You can get a quote online, directly from UnitedHealthcare Global.
Important: FrontierMEDEX is now UnitedHealthcare Global.
Want to Compare Frontier MEDEX’s rates?
The easiest way to compare Canadian travel insurance rates is to use a comparison website.
Comparison websites, like Kanetix.ca let you compare quotes for travel insurance from several different companies at once. You type in a few details about your trip, and compare policy coverage and prices to help narrow down your choice. Check out our review of Kanetix.ca.