Started in 1996, itravel2000 is one of Canada’s first online booking websites.
Their primary business is selling vacations to Canadians, but they also offer a couple of simple travel insurance packages.
- You can get a free quote and book an insurance plan online
- No age limits, except for the Global Medical Under Age 60 plan
- A strict list of stability period requirements for pre-existing conditions, especially for those age 75 and over
- Children under 30 days of age are not covered
The total length of your trip must not exceed 60 days if you’re age 60 or older (for the All Inclusive Plan only).
itravel2000 Emergency Medical Insurance Plans
The company offers two types of emergency medical insurance plans: the Global Medical Under Age 60 plan and the All Inclusive plan, plus the Non-Medical Inclusive plan and the Trip Cancellation plan.
All Inclusive Plan
This plan includes $5 million in emergency medical travel insurance, up to $500 baggage delay, up to $100,000 flight accident, up to $50,000 travel accident, up to $1,500 baggage coverage, up to the sum insured for trip cancellation and unlimited coverage for trip interruption. You are not required to fill any medical questionnaire.
Global Medical Under Age 60
This plan is aimed at Canadians under age 60.
Benefits include up to $5 million in emergency medical travel insurance, 24/7 assistance throughout the world, medical cover includes expenses for the hospital, nurses and physicians, emergency dental or chiropractic care, flying a family member along with you and death benefit to make sure that the deceased remains are flown back home. You don’t need to fill out a medical questionnaire.
This plan does not include emergency medical isurance. The Non-Medical Inclusive Plan includes unlimited trip interruption, up to the value of the sum insured for trip cancellation, up to $100,000 for flight accident, up to $50,000 for travel accident, up to $500 for baggage delay and up to $1,500 for baggage damage or loss. There is no medical questionnaire.
Trip Cancellation Plan
This plan will cover you up to the value of your trip if your trip is cancelled for any reason or you happen to cancel it because of unavoidable circumstances. For cancel for any reason coverage, you are covered up to 50% of the non-refundable, prepaid portion of your trip, if you cancel 14 days before departure.
It includes coverage for $800, $1,500 or unlimited cover for trip interruption, misconnection and delayed return in case you have departed for the trip. This plan does not include medical coverage.
itravel2000 Travel Insurance Comparison Chart
You may ask for a premium refund if you happen to return home before the scheduled date as long as you had confirmed that before.
How to Save Money
Family rates are available for All Inclusive, Non-Medical Inclusive and Global Medical Under Age 60 plans
You Need to Know
- The itravel2000 insurance policy is underwritten by the Manufacturers Life Insurance Company as well as the First North American Insurance Company, a subsidiary wholly owned by Manulife Financial.
- You must be a resident of Canada and covered under a government health insurance plan.
- Policies and coverage can change at any time, without warning. This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.
- You must purchase your travel insurance before you leave on your trip. World Nomads is one of the only insurers we’ve found that offer insurance if you’ve already left on your trip.
How to Buy
You can buy itravel2000 insurance plans by filling an online quote and purchasing through your credit card.
Want to Compare itravel2000 Travel Insurance Policies and Rates?
The easiest way to compare Canadian travel insurance rates is to use a comparison website.
Comparison websites, like Kanetix.ca, let you compare quotes for travel insurance from several different companies at once. Type in a few details about your trip, and compare policy coverage and prices to help narrow down your choice. Check out our review of Kanetix.ca.