|Kanetix.ca lets you compare Canadian travel insurance quotes online in just minutes.They offer free, no obligation quotes from more than 50 insurance companies.Hugely popular, Kanetix gives millions of insurance quotes to Canadians each year.|
- Probably the fastest, easiest way to compare Canadian travel insurance quotes.
- You can buy insurance directly from Kanetix.ca online. The whole process takes ten minutes.
- Rates are often the cheapest in the industry.
- Nice web interface makes it easy to walk through the quote process.
- You can compare travel insurance plans side-by-side, and even contact the insurance company directly if you have any questions.
- You need to purchase travel insurance before you leave on your trip. This is standard. The only company that we’re aware of that will let Canadians buy travel insurance after leaving on a trip is World Nomads.
- The site doesn’t let you specify different criteria for your search, like deductible or maximum policy limit. However, it’s simple enough to use their great compare plans feature to determine which plans meet your needs.
- You must provide your email to get a quote. However, we found that Kanetix.ca only used this to send a copy of our quote. We didn’t get any annoying emails from them.
How to get a quote from Kanetix
- Go to www.kanetix.ca/travel-insurance
- Type your postal code.
- Select the options you’d like in the detail area. Leave the Trip Cost per traveller field empty if you don’t want trip cancellation insurance.
- Click the Get Quotes button. You may need to wait a few seconds for the quotes to appear.
Important: If you’d like to have trip cancellation, there are two options. The first is to select the All Inclusive button at the top of the screen, but we found the insurance options to be quite expensive. A cheaper option is to select Single Trip. When your quote appears, you can click the Trip Cancellation tab at the top to see how much it would cost to add on trip cancellation insurance.
Tip: In the trip destination area, enter the country you will be visiting longest. If you’ll be spending an equal amount of time in different countries, select your final destination country.
Click here to see the quote comparison we got for a two week trip to Mexico for two travellers, ages 42 and 36.
Using Kanetix’s Compare Plans feature
This is one of Kanetix.ca‘s best features. You can compare travel insurance plans side by side, in detail.
At the bottom of your quote, click COMPARE PLANS NOW. Kanetix then brings up a side-by-side comparison chart. The chart is very detailed (the sample below only shows some of the information available).
Adding Trip Cancellation to your Quote
If the plan you want doesn’t have trip cancellation, you can easily find the cost of adding trip cancellation by clicking the Trip Cancellation tab at the top of your quote. Click here to see the quote we got for a two week trip to Mexico for two travellers, ages 42 and 36.
Multi Trip Policies Can Save You Money
If you travel multiple times in a year, consider getting a multi-trip quote. Multi-trip plans can be surprisingly affordable. Kanetix.ca quoted $61.80 for single trip policy with Allianz for a two week trip to Mexico for two travellers, ages 42 and 36. A similar multi-trip policy with Allianz travel insurance was $140.00, making it a great value if you travel enough. Make sure you read the fine print so you know how many trips/year this covers, and the maximum time allowed per trip!
You can get quotes for destinations worldwide, for durations from a day to one year.
The details of the coverage depend on the specific insurance company and policy.
Even if you’re thinking about getting your insurance through a broker, do a search through Kanetix.ca to get an idea of competitive prices.
Need To Talk To Someone?
If you have questions, Kanetix.ca will help you talk to the insurance broker directly. Simply select the request call button on the quote form, call the number Kanetix provides, and you’ll be in touch with a broker that can help you will your specific quote questions.
What Else Can Kanetix Do?
- Kanetix.ca offers a free insurance renewal reminder for any type of insurance. You don’t even need to purchase insurance from them to use this service.
- The site also offers some useful guidance and tips for travel insurance.
- There’s even an online forum where you can talk to other customers.
- You can also use Kanetix.ca to compare car, home, life, and commercial insurance rates, credit cards, and mortgage rates. They even offer pet insurance.
- Overall, Kanetix.ca is a great resource to compare travel insurance quotes for Canadians. The site does have a few minor bugs and inconveniences, but it’s probably the best site out there to compare travel insurance in Canada.