More and more Canadians are using travel insurance that comes with their credit card instead of traditional travel insurance. It can be a great way to save money and eliminate the hassle of shopping for travel insurance every time you take a trip.
How Credit Card Travel Insurance Works
Many Canadian credit card companies offer travel insurance as a perk for their credit card customers. Not all credit cards offer travel insurance, so we’re reviewing Canadian credit cards that do have travel insurance perks.
Credit card travel insurance usually comes with a multi-trip policy. This means that you can use the insurance for multiple trips through the year, for a limited number of days each time.
What You Need To Know
- Make sure you purchase all of your flights and accommodation on your credit card. Your insurance may not be valid if you use another method of payment.
- Credit card insurance often covers those 65 years and older for a shorter period of time than those 64 and under.
- Some credit cards only offer accidental death insurance, which does not provide medical travel insurance if you become sick or injured on your trip.
Our Reviews of Canadian Credit Cards with Travel Insurance Perks
- Review and comparison of Scotiabank credit cards with travel insurance perks
- MBNA Canada Platinum Plus® MasterCard® review
- Review and comparison of American Express Credit Cards with travel insurance perks