|MBNA, a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank, is the largest issuer of MasterCards in Canada. MBNA Canada opened for business in November 1997. The company is headquartered in Ottawa, with offices in Regina.The MBNA Platinum Plus MasterCard offers travel insurance perks.|
MBNA’s Platinum Plus card is a good option if you want basic travel insurance.
Advantages Of The MBNA Platinum Plus Card
- 0% annual interest rate† (AIR) on balance transfers* and deposits* for the first 12 full months
- No annual fee. Most cards with any kind of travel insurance perks charge a hefty annual fee, of over 100.
- 24 hour customer service
- 19.99% interest on purchases (standard for most Canadian credit cards)
- 21.99% interest on cash advances (standard for most Canadian credit cards)
- Insurance coverage does not include traditional medical health insurance. Common carrier and accidental death & dismemberment benefits should cover you if you die or are dismembered in a plane crash or similar accident . However, traditional emergency medical travel insurance is not included, so your medical costs won’t be covered if you have an accident or become ill while on your trip.
What Insurance Is Included With The MBNA Platinum Plus MasterCard?
- Lost Document and Ticket Replacement
- Lost Luggage Assistance
- Pre-trip Information
- Legal Assistance
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance
- Unexpected Return Home Coverage in the event of the death of an immediate relative while you are on a trip up to $2000
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage while occupying eligible rental vehicle up to $200,000
How Can I Get An MBNA Platinum Plus Card?