- Low annual fee of $39
- Signup bonus of 5,000 points – worth $50 in travel!
- $1 million travel emergency medical insurance benefits
- Multi-trip coverage for travelers of any age
- Clearly written, easy to understand policy
- 2 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend on groceries, gas, dining and entertainment, and 1 reward point on everything else
- Coverage for only three consecutive days for those age 65 and over, although additional days can be purchased
- No Trip Cancellation Insurance
What Travel Insurance Is Included?
- For those under 65 years of age, Travel Emergency Medical Insurance for the first eight days of each trip for the Primary Cardholder, the Primary Cardholder’s spouse and their dependent children. You can call the Insurer to buy additional insurance if your trip is longer than eight days.
- For those over 65 years of age and older, Travel Emergency Medical Insurance is included for the first three days of each trip for the Primary Cardholder, the Primary Cardholder’s Spouse and their dependent children. You can call the Insurer to buy additional insurance if your trip is longer than three days.
- Trip Interruption coverage of $2,500 per person ($10,000 maximum per trip for all Insured Persons)
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance (up to $250,000)
You should know
- You must charge a specific portion of your trip to be eligible for Travel Accident Insurance and Trip Interruption Insurance
- You must be a resident of Canada and covered by a Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan
- Under all insurance coverages, certain limitation, restrictions and exclusions apply, including a pre-existing condition exclusion for certain benefits. Please refer to the insurance certificates for full details of all coverages underwritten by independent licensed insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers.
Other Benefits and Details
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- Earn 2 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment, and 1 point for every dollar you spend on all other eligible purchases.
- Extended Warranty Insurance
- Price Protection
How Can I Get A Scotiabank American Express Card?
You can find out more about the Scotiabank American Express card on Scotiabank’s website.
*As always, the information on this page is from one Canadian traveller to another. We have spent years abroad and have gotten to know the ins and outs of the industry however we are not travel insurance agents. If you have any travel insurance questions, please talk to a qualified travel insurance agent or broker. Finally, policies and plans can and do change all the time, without warning, so always consult your insurance policy since that is the legal document to which you are agreeing to.
*This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.