The CAA Saskatchewan is affiliated with the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) and the American Automobile Association (AAA). CAA Saskatchewan was founded in 1917, and now serves 185,000 members in a province with a population of just over 1.14 million.
You don’t need to be an a member of the CAA Saskatchewan to buy travel insurance.
- No age limit for emergency medical insurance only plans
- CAA Saskatchewan members save 10% on travel medical insurance premiums
- An easy to read policy that makes comparing policies and benefits relatively easy
- You’ll need to fill out a medical questionnaire if you’re age 60 or older
The CAA Saskatchewan offers single trip and multi-trip plans that have only basic medical insurance. You can also buy a single trip plan or a multi-trip annual plan with trip cancellation, interruption, baggage and other benefits, and a visitors to Canada plan.
Single Trip Emergency Medical Plan
The CAA Saskatchewan Emergency Medical plan single trip plan ensures you for one trip, and includes $5 million in emergency medical insurance. It does not include baggage, trip cancellation or trip interruption insurance. There is no age limit. You can choose between a $300, $1,000 or $5,000 deductible.
Multi-Trip (Annual) Emergency Medical Plan
The CAA Saskatchewan Multi-Trip (Annual) Emergency Medical Plan provides coverage for multiple trips in one year. You can choose 10, 20, 35 or 60 day options. Coverage includes $5 million in emergency medical insurance. It does not include baggage, trip cancellation or trip interruption insurance. There is no age limit. You can choose between a $300, $1,000 or $5,000 deductible.
Single Trip Deluxe Holiday Packages Plan
This plan gives coverage for one trip, and includes $5 million in emergency medical insurance, $1,000 baggage insurance, trip cancellation insurance up to the sum insured and unlimited trip interruption. The age limit is 84.
Multi-Trip Annual Deluxe Holiday Packages Plan
The CAA Saskatchewan Multi-Trip (Annual) Premium Package Plan offers coverage for multiple trips in one year. You can choose 10, 20, 35 or 60 day options. Coverage includes $5 million in emergency medical insurance, $1,000 baggage insurance, $5,000 trip cancellation insurance and unlimited trip interruption. The maximum age for this policy is 59 years of age.
Visitors to Canada Plan
The CAA Saskatchewan Visitors to Canada plan offers $25,000, $50,000, $100,000, or $150,000 in emergency medical insurance. You must be a visitor to Canada or hold a Canadian work or student visa, or be an immigrant to Canada. Canadians not covered by a a government health insurance plan (GHP) are also eligible for this plan. This plan must be purchased before or within 7 days of arrival in Canada. You can choose between a $300, $1,000 or $5,000 deductible.
Comparison Chart for Travel Insurance Plans
Tips for Saving
- CAA Saskatchewan members save 5% on travel medical insurance premiums
- You can get an additional discount if two or more
people purchase one policy (not including families)
- A special rate is available for families of three or more
- The Multi-Trip Emergency Medical Plan and the Multi-Trip Annual Premium Package Plan are non-refundable after the effective date of coverage.
- You can request a full or partial refund for the Single Trip Emergency Medical Plan and the Single Trip Deluxe Holiday Packages Plan. Full refunds must be requested in writing to CAA Saskatchewan before coverage starts. You must request a partial refund to CAA Saskatchewan in writing, if no claim was made, before coverage expires with proof of early return (e.g. customs or immigration stamp, gas receipts).
- You can get a partial or full refund on the Visitors to Canada plan. See your policy for details.
You Need to Know
- You need a valid Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan (except for visitors to Canada plans)
- Policies are underwritten by Orion Travel Insurance Company
- You must apply for coverage before leaving on your trip. World Nomads is one of the only insurers we’ve found that offer insurance if you’ve already left on your trip.
- Policies and coverage can change at any time, without warning. This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully and visit Pacific Blue Cross for up to date information.
How to Buy
- You can get a quote and buy online.
- You can purchase insurance by phone at 1-800-564-6222.
Want to Compare CAA Saskatchewan Travel Insurance Rates?
The easiest way to compare Canadian travel insurance rates is to use a comparison website.
Comparison websites, like Kanetix.ca, let you compare quotes for travel insurance from several different companies at once. Type in a few details about your trip, and compare policy coverage and prices to help narrow down your choice. Check out our review of Kanetix.ca.
*As always, the information on this page is from one Canadian traveller to another. We have spent years abroad and have gotten to know the ins and outs of the industry however we are not travel insurance agents. If you have any travel insurance questions, please talk to a qualified travel insurance agent or broker. Finally, policies and plans can and do change all the time, without warning, so always consult your insurance policy since that is the legal document to which you are agreeing to.
*This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.