The ScotiaGold Passport® VISA card offers travel insurance and travel insurance perks.
- Get 5,000 bonus reward points if you sign up now
- $1 million medical travel insurance benefits, but only if you’re under age 65.
- Clearly written, easy to understand policy
- 1 Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend
- Travel Emergency Medical Insurance is only available to those under age 65. However, Scotiabank’s American Express, American Express Gold, and American Express Platinum cards all offer multi-trip coverage to cardholders over 65.
- Annual fee of $110 may be a bit high for those seeking basic travel insurance benefits. The Scotiabank American Express Card with a no annual fee and the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card with a $99 annual fee may be a better budget option.
What Travel Insurance Is Included?
- $1 million Travel Emergency Medical Insurance
- For those under 65 years of age, emergency medical insurance for the first 31 days of each trip only. You must call the Insurer to buy additional insurance if your trip is more than 31 days but less than 45-days. If your trip is greater than 45 days, you must purchase coverage for the entire trip. There is no travel insurance for those 65 or over.
- Trip Interruption $2,500 per person ($10,000 maximum per trip for all Insured Persons)
- Trip Cancellation $2,500 per person ($10,000 maximum per trip for all Insured Persons)
- Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance (up to $250,000)
- Delayed and Lost Luggage
You should know
- You must charge a specific portion of your trip to be eligible
- You must be a resident ofCanadaand covered by a Canadian Government Health Insurance Plan
- Under all insurance coverages, certain limitation, restrictions and exclusions apply, including a pre-existing condition exclusion for certain benefits. Please refer to the insurance certificates for full details of all coverages underwritten by independent licensed insurers. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the insurers.
Other Perks and Details
- Rental Car Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- Hotel/Motel Burglary Insurance
- Earn one Scotia Rewards point for every $1 you spend
How Can I Get A ScotiaGold Passport® VISA card?
You can find out more about the ScotiaGold Passport® VISA card on Scotiabank’s website.
*As always, the information on this page is from one Canadian traveller to another. We have spent years abroad and have gotten to know the ins and outs of the industry however we are not travel insurance agents. If you have any travel insurance questions, please talk to a qualified travel insurance agent or broker. Finally, policies and plans can and do change all the time, without warning, so always consult your insurance policy since that is the legal document to which you are agreeing to.
*This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.