|World Escapade offers travel insurance for medical emergencies, cancellation and baggage protection to travellers worldwide.|
World Escapade also offers Schengen Visa, International student, Expatriate, Reporter, Visitors to Canada and Canadian Super Visa insurance.
World Escapade is part of Escapade Travel Insurance, a life and health insurance firm, based Quebec.
- You can purchase online
- Most nationalities are covered
- For Canadians, they only offer insurance in Alberta, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Quebec, but their office says they have plans to offer insurance for all of Canada soon.
- World Escapade doesn’t offer travel insurance for residents of the United States.
World Escapade’s Plans
You can choose between two types of coverage:
- Worldwide coverage EXCLUDING Canada and the USA and high risk countries and territories
- Worldwide coverage INCLUDING Canada and the USA but excluding high risk countries and territories
You may be able to cancel your policy or get a partial refund on World Escapade policies if no claim occurs in the first part of travel. Contact the company by phone for more info.
In the province of Quebec, you can cancel your insurance policy within 10 days of purchase and receive a full refund if you cancel in writing by registered or certified mail. This 10 day refund provision doesn’t apply if you purchased the insurance 10 days or less before your departure, or your trip duration is 10 days or less.
Cancellations and Refunds
If no claim occurs in first part of travel, you may be able to get your policy cancelled or partly refunded. Contact the company by phone.
How to Buy
You can purchase World Escapade insurance online in a few minutes. Just type in your age and dates of travel, and select your province. World Escapade lets you view their policies and compare their plans online. You can also buy by phone, but there’s an additional charge of $5 or $7.
*As always, the information on this page is from one Canadian traveller to another. We have spent years abroad and have gotten to know the ins and outs of the industry however we are not travel insurance agents. If you have any travel insurance questions, please talk to a qualified travel insurance agent or broker. Finally, policies and plans can and do change all the time, without warning, so always consult your insurance policy since that is the legal document to which you are agreeing to.
*This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.