travelcuts is a long-term favorite of backpackers, students and young travellers, and has over 40 years of experience in the Canadian travel industry.
travelcuts worldwide insurance was formerly known as Travel CUTS Bon Voyage insurance.
travelcuts worldwide travel insurance comes in four plans, ranging from comprehensive all-inclusive insurance to only trip cancellation and interruption, with no emergency medical.
All plans offer an option for trips that include the USA, or trips exclusively outside of the USA.
- Easy, intuitive online purchase
- Affordable, starting at $1.36/day
- travelcuts insurance has a hassle-free TIC emergency assistance 800-number available 24 hours, 7 days a week a for emergency assistance to find a local doctor.
- You are covered under the emergency medical plan for high-risk activities like adventure and/or extreme sports activities such as abseiling, white-water rafting, bungee jumping, caving, diving, jet-skiing, parachuting, paragliding, parasailing, para-motoring, rock-climbing, shark cage diving, hand gliding, trekking, skiing off-piste, or scuba diving
- You must be under age 50 to get travelcuts insurance.
You can extend coverage on a trip, up to a maximum of 547 days from date of departure (as long as you haven’t made a claim, you call travelcuts to apply for the extension, and have a provincial health plan is in effect for the full length of your travel period).
Cancellation and Refunds
You can cancel your policy and get a full refund within 10 days of purchasing your policy, as long as you haven’t left on your trip or filed a claim. You may also be able to get a partial refund, or get a refund if your trip is cancelled. Check your policy for specific details and requirements.
You Need To Know
- You must be a resident of Canada and be covered by a Canadian government health plan
- You must purchase before you leave on your trip
- Your trip must start and end in Canada
- You must purchase this insurance for the entire duration of your trip
- travelcuts worldwide travel insurance is administered by TIC Travel Insurance Coordinators Ltd. and underwritten by CUMIS General Insurance Company, a member of The Co-operators group of companies
- Policies and coverage can change at any time, without warning. This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.
*As always, the information on this page is from one Canadian traveller to another. We have spent years abroad and have gotten to know the ins and outs of the industry however we are not travel insurance agents. If you have any travel insurance questions, please talk to a qualified travel insurance agent or broker. Finally, policies and plans can and do change all the time, without warning, so always consult your insurance policy since that is the legal document to which you are agreeing to.
*This article is only intended as general advice. Please check your own policy carefully.