These plain language guides are designed to help you understand travel insurance policies for Canadians.
- Do I Need Travel Insurance? Simple facts why travel insurance is vital.
- What Type of Travel Insurance Do I Need? Quick, clear guide to the major types of travel insurance.
- Travel Insurance Quote Checklist. Key questions to ask when getting a travel insurance quote.
- Don’t Let Your Travel Insurance Company Deny Your Claim! Tips for making sure that you know what your travel insurance will cover.
- Is My Pre-Existing Condition Covered Under My Travel Insurance? Clear review of when travel insurance won’t cover pre-existing illnesses or injuries.
- Ten Tips For Saving Money on Travel Insurance. Ten ways you may not have considered to make travel insurance more affordable.
- Multi-Trip Insurance for Canadian Cross Border Shoppers. If you hop into and out of the US on a regular basis, multi-trip might be the best thing for you.
- What You Need To Know About Provincial Health Care, Extended Travel And Travel Insurance For Canadians. If you plan on travelling for an extended amount of time you need to realize that your provincial healthcare has an expiry date and most travel insurance is void without it. Expatriate Insurance might be your only recourse. Find out more.
How to Compare and Buy Travel Insurance
The easiest way to compare Canadian travel insurance is to use a comparison website.
Comparison websites, like Kanetix.ca, let you compare quotes for travel insurance from several different companies at once. You type in a few details about your trip, and compare policy coverage and prices to help narrow down your choice. Check out our review of Kanetix.ca.